About

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Good for Young and Old

Don't let this picture fool you.  I took this a couple of weeks ago
on the UW campus on a rare clear day!

If you know anyone who's living in the Pacific Northwest, you've already heard how WET this spring has been for us!  It has been crazy.  All of us here can't wait to get outside and feel some warmth and sunshine!  (of course, I know, could be worse... no tornadoes here)  :)    So... we've been spending A LOT of time indoors.  I wanted to share with you 2 games that I love because they're fun, easy to play, and people of all ages can play.  Another plus... they're relatively inexpensive, portable AND educational!

First off, Spot It!  This is a great matching game and there are several ways to play it.  I love how my boys can play this together.  It keeps them occupied for a good while between running around and chasing each other.   




Next one is Bananagrams.  This one is sooo good!  For pre-readers, they love to just sort the letters and we can play letter hunt.  As my 5 year old is starting to read, we can spell simple 3 letter words or I can write out words for him to copy.  This is a also a great game for adults.  It's like your own personal, speed Scrabble.




If you're looking to add a couple of games to your arsenal, I highly recommend these 2.  Both available from Amazon.  They would make for great camping games this summer too! 

In the meantime... please send warm, sunny vibes from wherever you are!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...