About

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oh Joy! Oh What a Nursery!

(via ohjoy.blogs.com)

While catching up on my blog reading, I came across this post from Oh Joy.  This post features Joy's nursery for her little baby girl, Ruby.  Wow.  First of all, I shouldn't be surprised.  Joy has impeccable style. (I just want to swap closets with her!)  Secondly, loved seeing that her color scheme is similiar to Evie's room!  

Now, THIS is what I mean by timeless decorating, especially in a kids' rooms.  I love that there's a movement toward more sophistication in kids design.  Not in a snooty way, but in a way that truly celebrates the freedom, joy and imagination of childhood and not trying to compartmentalize it with some theme.  Plus, in the end, I really think this is a much more economical way to decorate.  Keep the big pieces neutral and classic and change out the accessories.

My favorite part of the nursery?  That amazing chest of drawers!  Seriously, Craigslist?  How come I never find stuff like that? 

(via ohjoy.blogs.com)

Well, since my chances of finding something similiar to that dresser is zero to none, I'm feeling a DIY project coming on.  I'm seeing an IKEA Rast or Koppang dresser, drawer fronts painted with some fab hardware like in this tutorial...Ta dah!

Now if anyone sees this again on Craiglist, tell me!  In the meantime, I'm off to find an IKEA dresser on craigslist.  :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...